Monday, February 1, 2010

it's a wrap!

With great satisfaction it's time to bring Peace. Love. Cupcakes. to a close. For those who just found their way here and wish to contribute to a cause in David's name please go to Angels for a Cause. They are in the midst of a campaign to raise funds to sponsor a plane taking medical supplies to Haiti. They are asking for a $10 donation...I'm in!!!

I'd like to personally thank julee our very real, volunteer "virtual cupcake" accountant who graciously tallied and logged approximately 200 entries. julee, you heard your support team cheering you on from the sidelines didn't you? Please visit her "Prayer of the Haitian Children" post on her blog. I'd also like to call attention to an article beckyFOD wrote that gives you an idea of what 5,000 virtual cupcake dollars can buy. Check it out.
In closing I'd like to share a little something I wrote for David a very long time ago. It kind of sums up how I feel about the guy and what he means to me.

dear David,
whenever you sing, or thank a fan, or refuse to sign a body part inside the box, or an interviewer tries to trip you up and get you to say something bad about someone and you don't, God smiles, knowing he gave the gift of voice and song to the right person.
<3 <3 <3
janey


*update! a non-computer savvy fan sent me a check so that she could be one of DAVID'S SUPER FANS. I'm thrilled to include her and to update the total!!!!